LANREMT Conference 2020
June 8 through 13, 2020
4914 Constitution Avenue
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70808
This is a tenative.
LANREMT's mission is the enhancement of the EMS profession through advocacy, education and awareness. Founded in 1976, LANREMT works with many EMS associations in Louisiana to strengthen the EMS System and to ensure quality patient care. LANREMT is the state affiliate of the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians, NREMT, and is a member of the National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians, NAEMT.
LANREMT is the only statewide voice for more than 20,000 EMS personnel in Louisiana. Only about 20% of the 20,000 plus emergency medical personnel in Louisiana work full-time as EMS providers. The remaining 80% are members of volunteer rescue squads in their community or workplace. It is through the support of corporations and other caring individuals that LANREMT is able to continue working to improve EMS in Louisiana.
LANREMT members sit on every major E.M.S. board and task force, working to improve EMS in Louisiana. Some of the many committees are: The Education Sub-Committee, The Clinical Care Sub-Committee, The Communications Sub-Committee, The Disaster Sub-Committee, The EMS Terrorism Preparedness Sub-Committee, LERN and The EMS Task Force.
LANREMT sponsors a statewide educational conference. Each year we bring in speakers from around the country. Select "Annual Conference" for more information. LANREMT members receive a discount on their conference registration fee. Many of our chapters sponsor local workshops and refresher courses.
LANREMT maintains a Facebook page and it is there you will find the most timely and up-to-date information on our activities.